Tuesday, July 8, 2008

"Change is Good!"

I have one week to go and I will have little McCrea join our family! I have been so scared but so excited at the same time. I am scared because I want to know exactly how everything is going to turn out. I want a play by play down to the last little bit. I have been going crazy marking off my to-do lists, that sometimes I forget to enjoy the moment.
I am scared because I keep asking all these questions to myself, but already know, that what will happen will happen. Do I have everything ready? Will my house be perfect and clean enough? Is his room in order? Will the doctor's be well rested and ready to perform surgery? Will the anaesthesiologist be able to find the "right" spot in my back? Will I have a spinal tap or go under completely? Will I have a spinal leak and spinal headaches like last time? How much pain will I be in this time? Will the baby be healthy? Will I be able to breastfeed? How is Lorelei going to react to a new baby? The questions go on and on.
In testimony meeting on Sunday, I was looking for some clarity and peace. Someone said "Change is Good," although it is only a simple three words, it impressed me and gave me a better attitude on what I'm about to experience. When people ask me "Are you excited?," I always responded with a roll of my eyes or a shrug of my shoulders and something about the fact I will be more excited when I have everything complete and ready for the baby. I'm not sure if I'll ever be completely ready and especially ready to take on the demands of another baby but I will do my best to be the mother he deserves.
I'm definitley one who likes routine, however, I do need to embrace this new phrase "Change is Good." I know this will be a new opportunity to grow and get out of my comfort zone again. So I am up for the challenge! And I am EXCITED!

3 comments:

*Monica* said...

YOu are soooo terrific, just the fact that you are worried about it shows what a great Mom you are. And you are right, one of my favorite General Athorities gave a talk about "Being still," stopping all the stress and madness and just being peaceful. This is your time to "Be Still." Everything is going to be great!

Unknown said...

change is GOOD and once your little guy is here everything will seem perfect as if he were always there. you are an amazing woman and I know you will be the BEST mommy to little Mcrea!!

Jessie Riley said...

please ASSIGN someone to take pictures for you... since I CAN'T BE THERE!

I love you. I miss you. I'm SO EXCITED FOR YOU...

I hope when he cries... he goes... RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.....