Saturday, April 19, 2008

Sea World!

Sea World!Family Close UP!Feeding the Dolphins!
Lorelei wasn't too sure about reaching her hand out to pet the dolphin, but she reluctantly did and even threw in a couple fish for the dolphins.

Dolphin Show!
Go Dolly Go!
Watching the Sea Lions and Seals!
Don't Mess with me!
Shamu Show
I'm glad we didn't sit in the Splash Zone!
This guy is about to take off running!
Can you imagine a shark this big, luckily these kind of sharks don't live in the ocean. I wouldn't be caught swimming in it if there were.
Riding on a Manatee, YeeHAW!Gondola ride across the bay!
"Is that coming from the flamingo's bottoms?"
Feeding the Dolphins!

We had a fabulous time at Sea World! As soon as we got in the park, Lorelei wanted to see the map, she took over and directed our every move. She first wanted to go see the Sharks, I don't know why, because she has nightmares of Bruce the shark on Finding Nemo. I thought maybe that would stop the nightmares, but it hasn't yet. She really did enjoy watching the sharks.
We had a great time watching all the shows. We went to the Shamu, Dolphin, and Pet's Rule Shows. We also got to feed the dolphins, which is one of my favorite highlights of the trip. I love dolphins and of course, penguins and flamingos too. So I got to see three of my favorites. One of the kids described a dolphin as feeling like a HOT DOG, I would have to agree. We got to throw fish into their mouths and pet the dolphins. Lorelei's favorite highlights were feeding the dolphins and she loved to watch the sea lions and seals getting fed. We were right next to the bucket of fish that was being poured over the edge so we got to see up close and personal with all the seals and sea lions barking and trying to make the most obnoxious sounds to get the trainers attention. It was hilarious. Lorelei was giggling and laughing so much. It was definitely a close encounter that we all enjoyed. Chad's favorite highlight was the Sharks. He is obsessed with them, but I think they are just too creepy, especially now knowing a Great White just took out a swimmer in San Diego this past week. They are just too unpredictable and nasty looking.
We got a great laugh at one of Lorelei's observations. We went to go see the flamingos and Lorelei quickly noticed the noises that they were making. She said, "Mom, is that coming from the flamingo's bottoms?" It really did sound like the flamingos had gas. It was so funny. We had a great laugh about that one. We couldn't stop laughing!
We also enjoyed a gondola ride over the bay. And overall we got to see polar bears, penguins, flamingos, beluga whales, sting rays, otters, seals, sea lions, dolphins, orka whales,and all kinds of fish. We even saw Clydesdale horses and of course the Pet's Rule show includes all kinds of dogs, cats, ducks, pigs, and birds. I always wondered what farm animals were doing at Sea World, but oh well, we still enjoyed it all the same!

9 comments:

Chereebee said...

so so fun!!! I love the close up pics of you guys - so cute!

Sarah said...

Sounds like soo much fun!! Your pictures were great! Lorelei smiles like Elle!! I love how little kids smile!

Unknown said...

I want to go to Sea World now! thanks alot!! :) NO really it looks like you guys had a GREAT trip!! I love that you fed the dolphins!!! I am way jealous!!

Jen/JRC Ghostbusters! said...

Tell Lorelei that dolphins are my VERY FAVORITE wild animal and she is a lucky girl!

[alisar] said...

That looks like a blast right now. You guys look so cute and happy. I LOVE your blue coat!

Andrea said...

Cute picture of the 3 of you! I LOVE dolphins! I think I need to plan a trip to Cali. sometime soon!

Jill T said...

I love the family closeup and the flamingo pictures. So cute. Now I want to go to Sea World!

Betsy said...

It looks like you guys had such a great time! I love it =0)

Anonymous said...

as much as i dislike fish, i love sea world! we had fun going there last year and it looks like you guys did too! hooray!