Monday, April 7, 2008

Kiss Me, I'm IRISH!!

Lorelei at the parade, holding the Ireland flag!
Lorelei and Tia
These are the kinds of things my dad would make us wear!
Silly daddy and his Irish hats! My sister Heidi and her daughter Tia
Lorelei and Tia pretending to be apart of the parade!


Happy St. Patrick's Day! While we were in Utah, we went down to watch the big parade. It was so much fun. Every year my dad would get all eight of his children, dress us up in as much green as we could bear and MADE us march in the St. Patrick's day parade. He couldn't be more proud of our Irish last name "MOLLOY!" I couldn't be more embarrased of this experience. Of course,
when I was younger it was kind of fun marching down the middle of the street wearing green and waving to everyone, we even got to wear our rollerskates and dress our dog up in green. However, the older I got, the more embarrasing this tradition became. I just prayed that no one would recognize me. But being the only Molloy's in Salt Lake City at the time it was hard to not recognize our name. Luckily, my dad gave up on all of us and now we get to finally enjoy watching the parade, instead of being laughed at by being in the parade. This is the first year that Lorelei was able to go. We went with Opa, Heidi and cousin Tia. It was lots of fun!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i had no idea you used to do that when you were younger!! only your dad would make you do that!! why does that NOT surprise me??? :) looks like Lorelei and Tia had a blast, let the traditons continue! maybe you need to come EVERY st patricks day so you can go to the parade with your family!!! think of cute little McCrea next year all dressed in green with a cute shirt that says, " kiss me i am irish" Oh I will kiss him!!! :)

Andrea said...

Looks fun! I haven't gone to that parade, since I was a nanny ('94 - '96).