Monday, August 11, 2008

LORELEI'S FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!

Going to Crismon Elementary School!
Ready for school!
Check out my new backpack!
Walking to school!
Waiting at the cross walk!
Here we go!

Yea, Devin's in my class too!

Finding my seat!Mrs. Weber helping me with the activity!

Lei Lei started her first day of "Young" Kindergarten! They call it "Young," because they have a separate Kindergarten for those who didn't make the deadline of full Kindergarteners. It is for all September thru December babies. So here she is on her first day of school. She is so excited and has been anticipating this day for a while. We live right across the street from the Crismon Elementary School, so it's just a hop, skip and a jump right over to her school. I love it! No more driving back and forth to preschool. She has watched the older kids out the window as they went to school and now it is her turn to go too. Of course I got all teary-eyed as we walked her to the door, I was trying to control myself. This is just the beginning of her education and it's hard to watch your little girl growing up. Chad and I walked her in and got her situated in her seat and made sure she was comfortable. It was sad leaving her behind. Her teachers names are Mrs. Hernandez and Mrs. Weber and they seem super nice. School starts at 8:25 until 11:10, so just half day for now, but it is nice to have a little time for McCrea and I. After school, I asked her what her favorite part was and she said she loves recess the best! As I went to check the mailbox I looked over to see my little girl at recess time, she was on the swing pumping as high as she could. It was so cute to watch my little girl from across the street. All grown UP! They are already learning so much and trying to get the routine down. On Mondays they have Computers, Wednesdays-Music, Thursdays-P.E. and Fridays-Library. They are working on a color book where they cut out magazine pictures that match that color. They even have a color day where they need to wear the color of the day. It is fun for her and now we don't have to fight what clothes she wants to wear. Just one less thing to worry about in the mornings. Hooray for school!

5 comments:

DianeM said...

She looks darling, how fun that you can spy on her during the day. It takes a lot of self-control for me to not stalk my kids while they're at school. Soon enough I'll volunteer there just so I can see them in action.

Unknown said...

lorelei looks so grown up in her back pack. How nice is it that it is RIGHT across the street! :)

Jessie Riley said...

OH Lei Lei...

I'm sorry I've been SO HORRIBLE at keeping in touch.

I'm PROMISING to call you THIS WEEK!

Love you.
Jess

[BrookeO] said...

She is adorable.

miss you!

Jen/JRC Ghostbusters! said...

I cannot believe how much she looks like her mom! Lucky girl! ;)