Thursday, January 17, 2008

Run Errands???

Lorelei and Oma together!

As I was talking with my mom today, I asked her what she was going to be doing? She told me she was going to be "running errands." As I was hanging up the phone with my mom, I said, "Have fun running errands." and we said our goodbye's. Lorelei chimes in, "But Mom, Oma can't walk, she can't run errands!" IT was so cute, because in her mind she is absolutely right. My mother can't walk and DEFINITELY can't run. She has been handicapped for most of my life and now gets around in her cool Jazzy scooter. So in the literal sense Lorelei was absolutely right, "NO Running" errands for Oma. We had a good laugh. I guess we need to think of another expression to say instead of "running errands" as it doesn't apply to everyone.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

kids are just too smart. I love the last picture of your mom and Lili. It is beautiful!

[alisar] said...

Kids are so awesome about stuff like that. It's up to us to catch on and adjust our thinking to theirs. Your mom is cute, I've never had the pleasure of meeting her!

Jill T said...

They're smart little ones, aren't they? I'm glad you wrote that one down!

LITTLE MISS said...

I love the Lorelei-isms!! She is going to be such a riot to have around when the new baby comes!! and I'm excited to watch your family grow--

[BrookeO] said...

Oh I love it. LeiLei is adorable. I too have never met your mom, but have heard countless amazing things about her.

Cute post.

[BrookeO] said...

I've been waiting for the baby counter...