Sunday, January 13, 2008

Career Changes Already???

My little ballerina in training!


So for the longest time Lorelei has decided she wants to be a doctor, of course I couldn't be more proud, because that's what I wanted to be. I love the body, the blood, the surgeries, and I'm not just talking about the fun drama on Grey's Anatomy, I truly enjoy all that doctorish stuff, it fascinates me, especially the gruesome stuff (I possibly watched way too many horror films.) Of course I didn't go that direction, so I was more than pleased when my daughter at age 3 tells me she wants to be a doctor. I ask "Why do you want to be a doctor?" She says, "I want to fix people and help them." I am so excited about this, UNTIL tonight!

While tucking her into bed,
I said, "I don't want you to grow up anymore,"
she says "but I want to grow up,"
I ask "Why do you want to grow up?"
She says, "because I want to be a Ballerina."

After a long pause, I was thinking my dreams as a doctor are truly finished, even if I would be living vicariously through Lorelei.

I then said, "You will be the most beautiful ballerina ever."

And so it is, from Doctors to Ballerinas!

Here's a couple clips of her dancing skills.
The first clip is their extensive training! Welcome to ballerina boot camp!
The second is one of her dance routines! Do you think she has what it takes to be a real dancer? Good thing ballerinas don't normally wear underwear!!!


8 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you should have NO worries., She will be a GREAT ballerina!!!

Jessie Riley said...

I LOVE HER. Pickin away!
Aspen saw me laughing and said "it's not nice to laugh at her"

Chereebee said...

Oh cute Lei lei! She will be a DARLING ballerina!!

Anonymous said...

no, ballerinas don't usually wear underwear;) but kayla can be found tackling hers in her gymnastics leo everytime. Cute video & who knows ... doctor by day, ballerina by night? our girls will be 22nd century women afterall!

[alisar] said...

Caleb used to say he wanted to be "the prophet". I'm so glad those days are over. Not that it wouldn't be great, but I think that's an aspiration best kept to yourself. A ballerina is an excellent career choice!

Sarah said...

She is so cute! I thinks sshe is doing a great job!! Little girls are so fun!!

Jill T said...

Those clips are so cute and hilarious at the same time!

Jen/JRC Ghostbusters! said...

That provided me with a MUCH needed smile and giggle! Love her!