Wednesday, October 15, 2008

THREE MONTHS OLD!






Here is one of his happy moments!

McCrea at three months old! He is now 14lbs 11oz. He is getting so big. He is able to control his head well and enjoys his ultrasaucer, swing and going for walks. He has been a very colicky baby this past month. On Thursday the 16th I took McCrea into the ER. He was very sick. He had blood in his stool and was very lethargic. I was scared to death. This past month we have tried him on every formula out there and he has been in so much pain and crying all the time. It turns out he has allergies. Finally his little body couldn't take it anymore. He started having this mucousy diarrhea and we ended up in the hospital. He was dehydrated and the nurses couldn't get a IV line started, so they poked him all over the place. It was so sad and I felt so helpless. After running blood tests and being in the ER all night, they let us go home. All the tests came back okay. It was a nightmare! Thank goodness that Tana, Tammy and Steve all came to the rescue. They were there with me all night to help me through this horrible ordeal. I asked the doctors what I was supposed to feed my baby, because he is allergic to everything. They finally gave me some Neocate just to get me through the night, this is my last hope. Unfortunately, this stuff is extremely hard to get a hold of. I finally ordered some online, but that won't come until next week. I finally got the ER to give me some more formula to get me through the weekend. I also found some people on Craigslist to get some extra cans. We will see how he does with this formula. We are on the urgent list to see a GI doctor and run tests on his little body. They are going to have to do a colonoscopy, and biopsy's on his stomach and intestines. I'm not looking forward to this week, as it will be a nightmare to run all these tests on my little baby and see him suffer that much more. Just to add to all the drama, Chad was in San Francisco for the week and on top of that I have been sick with the flu and allergies. Thank you to my brother Steve who waited with me in the ER and kept the mood light. Thank you to Tammy who knows how to get things done and for always being there for me no matter what it is. And Thank you Tana for all you do and for coming down to help me, whatever it is. Thanks for staying the night and for getting up in the middle of the night with baby and Lorelei. You are the best mother and Nana ever. Please pray for baby McCrea. We will need all the help we can get.

4 comments:

Jen/JRC Ghostbusters! said...

I love his sweet little voice! Lorelei cracks me up! You will be in my prayers.

karen louise said...

I think little McCrea looks just like you! He's getting really big!

*Monica* said...

I'm sorry everything went to hell in a handbasket while Chad was gone. I wish we had been able to help. Please let me know if there is anything we can do.

Unknown said...

i can't believe how much he looks like his big sister! what a cute little guy!! I hope things are going better for you!