Saturday, October 11, 2008

ROLLERSKATIN!





I love to rollerskate! As a child I would rollerskate all over the house, in the garage and down the street. When I got in my teens I would go skating every weekend at the 49th Street Galleria. That was the coolest place growing up. Once that closed I went to Classic Skating. Then when I was about 10 years old rollerblades came out and I would Rollerblade all over. I still love rollerblading. After my mission, I started playing roller hockey with a bunch of guys, it was so much fun that I eventually joined a Women's Roller hockey league and our first season we took first place. Unfortunately, after the second season was over we moved to Iowa and I hadn't really been skating since. After so many years, it was weird getting back into a pair of roller skates again. Lorelei was invited to her friend Sophia's birthday party at Skateland, so we both got on a pair of skates and went for it. Lorelei had a hard time at first, but after practicing for a little bit she had the hang of it. She was able to go around the rink several times, holding my hand of course. She LOVED IT! We will have to go again and maybe get her a pair of skates for Christmas. She can't wait for our next trip to Skateland! Although my arms were so soar from holding her up at the beginning, I think this might be a fun activity that the girls can do together. Rollerskating ROCKS!

3 comments:

Jen/JRC Ghostbusters! said...

I did not know that about you. I bet you had some sweet moves! ;) I have tried it as an adult and can't keep my ankles straight. It's not a pretty picture!

*Monica* said...

I used to go to Skateland every Friday when I was in elementary school. Our favorite thing was learning how to skate backwards with boys to the slow songs, mercy I'm old. You guys look so cute in your skates!

Unknown said...

you are such a good mommy. I was the same way about ice skating! I LOVED it! I thought I was pretty good too! back in the day! :) we took ANika last year and boy was I sore afterwards!!