Tuesday, September 9, 2008

OMA, WE LOVE YOU!






We were so excited to hear that Oma and Opa were coming to visit! This would be the first time that they would get to see their newest grandson McCrea. He is the 15th grandchild. You would think after so many grandchildren, babies would be just another thing to her. But having 8 children of her own and 15 grandchildren, she is definitely a professional by now. She definitely has a way with children and knows just what to do and what they need. I was so happy with the immediate bond she had with McCrea. It is evident that McCrea is taken with her. Although my mother is handicapped and physically can't do what she wants, she makes up for it in every other way. She sings, she holds them and rocks them, she talks and soothes and if that doesn't work she takes them on a ride on her cool, new Jazzy scooter! She is a wonderful mother and Oma to me and my children. I am so impressed with her strength, her endurance, her love, and her positive attitude even when she is in pain. She never gives up. She is a wonderful example to me and I love her more than words can say. Thank you mom for coming to be with me and making my week extra special. We all miss you so much and will cherish the time we got to be together.

No comments: