Wednesday, September 10, 2008

BONDING WITH OPA!

Two of our favorite fishes!
Lorelei and Opa
Sweet dreams!
Opa and McCrea's bonding time!

Lorelei and McCrea did some of there favorite things with OPA! Lorelei has discovered she had more in common with Opa then she realized. They both love SWIMMING! Lorelei is our little fish and Opa, well, he's the bigger fish. My dad has been swimming in many oceans, lakes, rivers and pools all over the world. It doesn't matter what time of year it is, what time of day or how freezing the water might be, he is off into the wide, open waters. He loves to swim. In fact, while we were in Oregon many years ago he went swimming in the ocean and noticed something bobbing in the water a few feet away from him; he was swimming with seals. Although it scared him for a second, it sure didn't stop him! Anyway Lorelei must have inherited this trait from her Opa, because I don't know anyone who loves to swim as much as my dad, except for my little girl. She had a great time swimming and playing in the pool with OPA.
McCrea, on the otherhand, has devoloped my dad's other talent; being able to fall asleep anywhere, at anytime. It is great to see the bond that they are sharing together as they dream of sweet dreams. I have many great photos of my dad sleeping. One of my favorites is my dad sleeping on a park bench in Paris. It's a classic! Almost postcard worthy! Opa, we love you and enjoy the great times we have together. Thanks for coming to be with us and for all the laughs! You definitely make things more entertaining!

No comments: