Friday, September 12, 2008

LORELEI-ISMS!

Although my focus is on McCrea right now, I wanted to post a tribute to Lorelei. So here are the Lorelei--isms. There are so many funny things Lorelei says, asks, and does. I know that if I don't record this, I'm going to forget them. If you have any you can think of, please email me and I will add them to the list. Here are some of the funny things Lorelei says. . .

  • She calls the beam from a flashlight "little fella" and talks to it like her little friend.
  • She calls Scooby Doo, "Scubby Doo." We have corrected her many times but find it quite funny that she sings, Scubby, Scubby Doo, Where are you?"
  • She said about her baby brother, "I just didn't know he was going to be this CUTE."

  • She says that McCrea is being a little "fuzzy" instead of "fussy."

  • We will never forget our favorite cry and hope McCrea picks up on this. Who could forget Lorelei and her "RRRRrrrrrrrrrr" as she rolled her tongue to cry. This stopped between 1 and 1 1/2 years of age. It was so sad to say good-bye to her unique cry.

  • Instead of using mommy, she used to yell my name and with her cute little lisp say, "EEEEEtha"
  • On our way to Legoland this year, we hear her in the backseat singing, "Mary had a Legoland, Legoland, Legoland," to the tune of, "Mary Had a Little Lamb."
  • When she was younger, Lorelei had asked on a number of occasions to go to E-I-E-I-O. I didn't understand at first what she meant, until one day we were driving by a McDonalds and she exclaimed, "E-I-E-I-O," pointing at McDonalds. I then figured out that she drew this from, "Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O." As she has gotten older she has changed it to from McDonalds to, "Old McDonalds."
  • She calls cavities, "Cadabeees," She says, "I don't want to get any cadabeees."

1 comment:

Jen/JRC Ghostbusters! said...

That made me laugh! Especially the one about the "little fella." Do you have a video of her funny cry that you could post on here? I would love to hear it!