Sunday, February 10, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!!!!

My favorite present of all is hugs and kisses from Lorelei!!
Happy 29th and 24 months!
Note to self: This is what happens when you send your husband to pick up a cake for you and it just happens to be Superbowl weekend at the same time.
Next year I will purchase my own cake!!!!


Here we are about to open presents. I got a new hairdryer, Jane Austen Collection on DVD and a new camera which I'm so excited about, once I figure out how to work it. Hopefully my pictures will come out better.Here I am on my third attempt to blow out eight candles on my cake, because I couldn't blow them out on my first try, they would relight them for me to try again. I swear, the baby is taking all my oxygen.


I celebrated my 29th Birthday on January 30th. Although this is my 3rd year claiming I'm 29, at least I feel I can still get away with it and have people believe I'm still in my 20's. I guess I learned this from my granny who died at 92 and still claimed till the day she died that she was 29 years old and in her heart she truly was! I hope I can embrace my 30's and enjoy it, but quite honestly it is a little depressing. I remember when I was young, I thought anyone in their 30's was really old! Maybe it was all those 80's hair do's and their spandex and long shirt outfits that really pushed them over the age limit for me. Thank goodness we have plastic surgery, botox, anti-wrinkle creams and great technology to continue to make us look younger than we really are. Here is to 31 years and counting!!!

7 comments:

[RochelleG] said...

Oh Happy Birthday sweetie! I'm dying over the football cake. At least it's one that you'll always remember, right?! Loves.

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday!!! I loved the cake! Guys just don't get the cake thing! I will be entering the 30's next month, I think we are going to skip that birthday! You look great, I wouldn't put you a day over 24!!

Unknown said...

i am laughing over that cake! that is SO CHAD!! I am glad you had a great birthday. You are beautiful. I love you lots!

Chereebee said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! I hope you had a great day! That cake cracks me up - I love it!!

Jill T said...

That cake is too funny! My Grandma still claims she's 29 also. Weird, being older than my grandma! Happy Birthday to you! You look beautiful, young, vibrant and you're one of the lucky ones who looks GOOD when you're pregnant!

Andrea said...

Looks like you had a fun birthday, even with the football cake! :)

Anonymous said...

happy belated! oh the cake is classic! hope you had a great day!