Monday, November 12, 2007

Primary Program at Church


This year Lorelei is a Sun Beam at church, which means this is the first year she got to participate in the Primary Program in sacrament meeting. It was absolutely hilarious. Lorelei had two parts, which we had months to practice and she had them both memorized. Her lines were, "I have faith that Jesus will help me keep the commandments" and "I can help my mommy and daddy." It was absolutely adorable. Of course, as they start the program with the music you get all teary-eyed as you see your little girl up there forcing out a word here and there to one of the songs. Suddenly, embarrassment flushes over you as you see your little girl, sticking her tongue out, making obnoxious faces, flashing everyone as she pulls her dress all the way up, picks her underwear out of her bottom, and yells out "hello"to one of her friends in the audience. Then her turn comes to say her part. She starts to say something and realizes the microphone is no where near her mouth, so she yanks it down as close as she can get it, almost in her mouth. All flustered, her teacher whispers in her ear the first part of her line, so, she gently WHISPERS the exact part into the microphone, then realizing she needs to speak up, she yells the second part into the microphone. Everyone had a good laugh. It is at that moment that you couldn't be more proud of your little girl, in front of all these people as she does her lines with power and conviction. Way to go LeiLei!!! You did it!!!

7 comments:

Chereebee said...

that is the cutest thing ever!!!
Did she seriously lift her dress up?!?!
Bailee has her primary program next sunday - I'm sure it will be very entertaining!!

Unknown said...

ok I would have laughed so hard if I saw cute Lili do all of that. how fun. at least it was a fun story for everyone to talk about after church! Now I am worried how anika will be NEXT year when she will be able to be in the primary program!! :)

Jill T said...

Teresa, you captured that so well! I was laughing as I read this post! I can't wait for my kiddos to be in the program next year. It's always my favorite Sunday! Way to go Lorelei!

Jessie Riley said...

WOW. You are a posting fool.
I can TOTALLY see miss lei lei doing this. TOO CUTE!

LITTLE MISS said...

Niiiiiiiice! I LOVE it when kids do that sort of thing because it shows how their little brains work--

too bad they don't allow cameras in the chapel! ; )

Jen/JRC Ghostbusters! said...

I wish I was there! What a cutie you have! She takes after her mommy!

Thanks for all the comments on my posts. It's nice to know you read them - it makes you feel just a little bit closer to home. I sure miss you! Give Lorelei a kiss for me.

Love you too!

Betsy said...

This is too funny. I am definately laughing!