Wednesday, December 31, 2008

NEW YEARS EVE!

New Years Eve was a blast! We went down to my sister Sara's house for a big sleepover, party, fireworks, bon fire, games, food and more. It was awesome. We had a great time. The kids had so much fun staying up half the night, watching movies, eating, playing in the snow and roasting marshmallows. It was so chaotic with 30+ people there, but we all slept over and had a great time. It was definitely a night to remember. We watched the ball drop in New York City and then counted down the last 10 seconds and yelled Happy New Year! McCrea was terrified of all the screaming and fireworks. He wasn't sure what the hell was going on. Anyway good-bye 2008 and welcome 2009. My dad's favorite saying is "I haven't seen you since last year, or I haven't talked to you since last year." We now use this saying back at him, before he can say it to us. It is so cheesy, but we have all started saying it to everyone.



The best and worst of 2008



Best


  • Finding out we were going to have a baby boy!

  • The birth of our son McCrea Daxten Graham on July 15, 2008.

  • Lorelei started young kindergarten and loves it.

  • Going on a last family of three trip to SeaWorld and Legoland.

  • Going to Utah to have baby shower for my sister and throwing a 70th birthday party for my dad.

Worst



  • Recovering from a C-section. It's always a nightmare and something always goes wrong.

  • Lorelei waking up 2-3x a night. Finding out she needs her tonsils and adenoids out.

  • McCrea being allergic to all the formulas out there and insurance doesn't cover the very expensive formula he is on.

  • Cutting over a foot of my beautiful hair to give to locks of love and finding out they don't take chemically treated hair. Is there a way to glue it back on? I'm planning on selling it to the highest bidder.

  • Finding a lump in my breast that will have to get removed in the new year.

  • Having my tooth pulled preparing for an implant.



This year I'm taking the time for me! I have always put everyone else first, my children, my husband, church, friends, the laundry, the cleaning, the errands and never felt I had time for myself. This year I am committing myself, to loving myself a little more, being more positive and taking care of me. I hate to sound selfish, but isn't it about time? There is the saying, "if mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy." I am finding that to be true. Mother's have the power to create their atmosphere to be a positive or a negative one. So this year it's about finding myself and being HAPPY no matter what life throws at me. And hopefully it rubs off on the rest of the us.